More Session Highlights
October 5, 2017|Did you Know?
Sessions to Support District Strategies and Planning for Ed and Tech Professionals
- Moving into 21st Century Infrastructure by creating a IT strategic plan that addresses the educational and administrative needs of a School District, with a focus on student learning and teachers enhancing classroom experiences. Find out how one district is developing a responsive approach to providing IT support and functionality to further ADST and other curriculum.
- Get the Inside Look: Modeling Project Planning Through an RFP Process Planning for an RFP process related to technology infrastructure requires leadership from a multi-department team including technology and education. This session will provide practical tips and considerations for developing an RFP process, using a Wifi network upgrade as an example.
- An Education on Privacy Risk
Sessions for Technology Infrastructure/Systems
- Layer 3 Switches and LAN Topology Best Practices The demands on school district’s Local Area Networks are increasing as connectivity becomes critical to teaching and learning. Are your school LANs capable of meeting the challenge?
- First Steps into the Cloud Building off the experiences that SD42 had in moving to the public cloud we will share our early easy wins, some of the issues we ran into, and how we solved them. Microsoft will bring similar stories from customers across Canada. You will bring your questions and experiences to share
- Leadership on the Front Lines
- Network Traffic Shaping for NGN QoS on Palo Alto Firewalls
Sessions to Support Curriculum Implementation and Innovation in the Classroom
- Instructional Samples for K-12 Teachers – The Ministry of Education will showcase instructional samples that follow a pedagogical framework that includes: connections to the curriculum, First Peoples Principles of Learning, and classroom assessment. Also included is an overview of Taking Making into Classrooms, an online course that serves as an entry point into the ADST curriculum.
- District Wide Implementation of Computational Thinking
- Office 365 Cool Uses in the Classroom
- LibGuides – Connecting Learning to Digital Resources